Saturday, September 13, 2014

2nd EMAIL SENT TO PU C.LALDINA, SP, AIZAWL on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM at spaizawl@gmail.com

To,

The Superintendent of Police,
Aizawl District
Aizawl, Mizoram

Sir,

I am contacting you again with regard to the email I sent you on the 4th of August and also my conversation with you on the phone. 

As you will remember, you told me on the phone that you would look into the matter i.e., the police complaint letter filed at the Aizawl Police Station against the Chief Minister. I has been 3 weeks since I sent you the detailed information regarding what I believe the police is obliged to do under the Constitution, however I have not heard from your office either by email or phone.

I believe when I contacted you by email and followed up by phone, my contact to you falls under the provision of the CrPC 154/3 which says:

"Any person aggrieved by a refusal on the part of an officer in charge of a police station to record the information referred to in subsection (1) may send the substance of such information, in writing and by post, to the Superintendent of Police concerned who, if satisfied that such information discloses the commission of a cognizable offence, shall either investigate the case himself or direct an investigation to be made by any police officer subordinate to him, in the manner provided by this Code, and such officer shall have all the powers of an officer in charge of the police station in relation to that offence."

If the law is clear on the duty of the police officer in charge and also the Superintendent of Police, I believe the delay in registering a criminal case against the individuals mentioned in my letter to the Aizawl Police Station Officer in Charge is a clear violation of the law on the part of the law enforcement agency.

I would like to, once again, request you to take the immediate necessary action as the law clearly mandates the police.

It has been a frustration for me to be denied information and also to be given unreliable information with regard to the letter and photograph I submitted to the Aizawl Police Station on June 4. In my judgement, it increasingly appears to be a deliberate attempt to delay and ignore the matter altogether. I sincerely hope that you will act upon the assurance you gave me.

I will be waiting until Wednesday 27th August for your reply. If, however, I donot hear from you I will assume that your office is incapable of exercising its duty. Therefore, I will have no option but to seek redressal by other means available.

Yours sincerely,
Laltanpuia Pachuau

No comments:

Post a Comment